Relationships usually begin with high hopes and bright expectations. The key is to not waste precious time hanging onto one that is bringing up more and more question marks. Here are signs that you’re sticking with a dead-end relationship, and it might be time to move on:
1. You don’t share the same level of motivation and ambition. Whether these include career advancement, further education, or personal development, each partner should have clearly defined objectives and a plan to attain them.
2. You’ve noticed incidents of dishonesty and deception. Lies destroy a crucial component of any relationship: trust. The presence of lies and the absence of trust spell trouble.
3. You have more confusion than clarity. Time should bring important insights into your relationship, so it’s a red flag if you are Signs confused now than you were weeks or months ago.
4. You work hard to improve the relationship, but the other person is not making the same effort. A healthyunion needs two people who both carry their weight and invest equally in the partnership.
5. You don’t feel like you can be “completely yourself” with this person. Trying to change or conceal your true self is a big tip that this isn ’t a good match.You should be able to envision your relationship five,ten, twenty years ahead with joy and clarity.